Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mixtape #3 - "Rainy Day Woman"

No one ever accused me of getting everything done on time or staying free from distractions, but the past several days have really dragged me away from here.  So sorry for that.  I'm sure I'm leaving dozens of you hanging on in anticipation, waiting, wondering what's coming next.  Can you detect the note of sarcasm??  Family for the holiday and I just got a new job!!  Say hello the the newest member of the Advance Auto Parts team (in other car-related news, Forza 3 Ultimate pretty much rules).  Aside from that, I'll go on and use the piss poor excuse that I had a post typed up yesterday and then the power went out.  True story.

Anyway, Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are now into the ever-lengthening, ever more commercial holiday season of Christmas.  Truth be told, it makes me sick.  But that's entirely besides the point.  I may just be feeling that because it's been raining all day today.  And yesterday.  And the day before that.  I know the mixtape is a little late, but shit, how about I just agree to try and post one per week rather than every monday??  I don't do well with deadlines.  Fuck it.  You'll probably get one monday.  Let me just say that.  Fresh mixtapes every monday... usually.  Maybe even most of the time.

So I actually ended up making 3 different mixes.  One for me, one for you, and one for someone else.  Of those three, I ended up combining bits and pieces from each to make something different entirely.  I'm sure you'll notice a bit of a theme in most of the songs.  Can you tell what kind of mood I've been in??  If you guessed vaguely sad, nostalgic, and contemplative, you guessed right.  I don't know what it is about a good storm that makes me want to ignore my health, stand in the rain, and slowly enjoy a cigarette as I get lost in thought.  And as we've previously discussed, our music is the soundtrack to our lives, and I found myself thinking about that soundtrack these past few days.  I wanted the songs to say something about the mood I've been in, but be relatively relatable.  Man, those two words have a lot of the same letters...  I promise I'll post again soon.  Probably tomorrow.  I have a few funny stories and observations for you to enjoy, so you've got something to look forward to.


What follows is a collection of songs that are perfect for a rainy fall day.  I hope you like them.

01 - Act of the Apostle - God Help the Girl
02 - For the Price of a Cup of Tea - Belle & Sebastian
03 - Sweet Child o' Mine - Taken By Trees
04 - Tonight - Stars
05 - Capturing Moods - Rilo Kiley
06 - Nineteen - Tegan & Sara
07 - Everything With You - The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
08 - Jen is Bringin' the Drugs - Margot & the Nuclear So-and-So's
09 - One Two Three Four - Feist
10 - Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine
11 - Norway - Beach House
12 - Moths - This Is The Kit
13 - Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Radiohead
14 - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab For Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment