Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mix #4 - "I Ain't No Bunny Rabbit"

Last night, I got the great idea that maybe one of these mixes coming up soon should be some serious blues.  I can't escape it.  Maybe it's the Mississippi in me coming out, but every now and then, I just absolutely have to hear and play some blues.  The dirtier, the better.  I think you fine folks could stand to be educated about the blues.  Maybe I'll get to working on that...

Also, I totally ripped the title of this one from a sample an artist I've recently been turned on to used.  I am, of course, talking about dub-step.  Lesson learned.  Dub-step is not what I thought it was.  It is soooooo much better.  I am officially converted.  This shit is my jam.  75 minutes of non-stop insanity that just goes and goes and goes.  More samples than you can shake a stick at and more funk than you know what to do with.  Lacerated Wax.  "Exit Wounds".  Look it up and learn something about yourself.

Sorry this didn't get uploaded yesterday.  For some reason my site I use to host these wouldn't load yesterday and I couldn't get the music to the middle man in order to get it to you.  Technology failed me.  Without further interruption, here you go.

01 - "When I'm With You" - Best Coast
02 - "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb" - Spoon
03 - "Wolf Like Me" - TV on the Radio
04 - "Off the Record" - My Morning Jacket
05 - "Dead Disco" - Metric
06 - "Kiss Kiss" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
07 - "California" - Mates of State
08 - "White Knuckles" - Ok Go
09 - "Swimmers" - Broken Social Scene
10 - "Fake Palindromes" - Andrew Bird
11 - "Mistaken for Strangers" - The National
12 - "The General Specific" - Band of Horses
13 - "Ready to Start" - Arcade Fire
14 - "Slow Hands" - Interpol
15 - "There There" - Radiohead

No comments:

Post a Comment