Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

I'm having a weird moment.  My sleep schedule has become all kinds of wacky and my psyche is in grave danger of collapsing in on itself.  This is one of those times where your exhaustion is feverishly battling the mild stimulant you've recently consumed and it's slowly becoming clear that either nicotine or coffee will no longer be potent enough to keep you conscious.  Your thoughts become slow and disorganized.  Your eyes struggle to focus.  You find yourself listening to the same song you've been humming in your head all day and you can only vaguely distinguish if it's actually playing aloud or if you're finally snapped and might be hallucinating.  Yeah, I'm in that kind of state.

There are so many people in this world.  So many different, totally unique individuals in this world each acting and existing entirely independent of one another.  The biggest problem I have with it is that there's no way, no matter how hard I try, that I will ever get to meet all of these potentially interesting people and hear their stories and split some beers with them.  Sometimes I like to collect people.

My good friend Robert, however, attempted to collect some lizards today.  It did not work.  They were far too wily for us.  That's not to say they outsmarted us, just that they faked us out.  Lizards are crafty, man.  You don't know.  Anyway, at some point after that, Tyler and Jessica showed up.  Acoustic guitars, keyboard, and singing saw in the driveway.  That was kinda weird, but it was also pretty cool.  Almost as cool as getting beer and hanging out on top of a parking deck downtown playing Bob Dylan and Best Coast songs in the freezing cold.  That was an adventure.

Wow.  I grossly overestimated my ability to still be awake and/or stay focused on any one thing at a time.  I just quit writing this for like 20 minutes while I posted some shit on craigslist.  Wtf??  Am I really that ADD??  Maybe I should stop staying up so late.  Or maybe I should stop surfing with 8 tabs open.  Either way, I hope this makes up for it.  Sorry if it doesn't.  I'm not perfect, you know.  But I'm still pretty fuckin' good.

No comments:

Post a Comment