Monday, January 24, 2011

Regular ordinary Swedish day off.

picture related:  these are normal fish in Sweden

Ugh.  How do I describe this?

Every now and then I get into what I refer to as a "weird mood", which basically means I spontaneously become pensive, withdrawn, quiet, and contemplative for no apparent reason.  It can't be helped.  And as far as I can tell, it can't be stopped either.  It kinda feels like...  this.

(insert gratuitous picture of a cat)
I had the whole day off for a change, woke up before 10 and couldn't even motivate myself to play video games.  I kinda just sat around watching youtube videos and eating candy.  Played with some compressed air, played guitar, finalized a mixtape (coming within the next few days when I'm not also trying to download 30 movies and killing my bandwidth).  So basically an almost totally impractical day.  Congratulations all around!

Anyway, I guess where I was going with this was this.  You know how when you're in a bad mood and you listen to a certain song, and all of the sudden you get caught up singing along and before you even realize it, you're just having a great day out of nowhere?  I wonder if the inverse of that can be true.  I mean, if I had to sit through an entire Toby Keith song or something, it might bug the shit out of me, but it wouldn't exactly ruin my day.  And if you don't know who Toby Keith is, consider yourself lucky.  I guess maybe that's not exactly what I meant.  It's like this...  I tend to connect songs to memories, thoughts, or ideas.  On one hand, this can be great.  Suddenly you hear a song and you remember something or someone you haven't thought of in ages and you get to feeling nostalgic and blah blah blah.  But on the other hand, it can ruin a song for you too.  So I'm driving to the grocery store earlier and singing along to Tegan & Sara (not at all ashamed of that) and then Broken Social Scene comes on.  Happy band (for the most part) and an uptempo song.  All of the sudden, I start zoning out and getting totally lost in thought.  Smile is gone and I can't figure out what happened.

this is what they eat for dinner in Sweden.
Anyway, so some of these internet videos I was watching are Swedish.  Hilarious shit, actually.  Lunch time rolls around and I'm eating my taquitos and watching Anthony Bourdain (who is a baller).  Guess where he is?  No, not Sweden.  It was Quebec.  But soon, that episode ended and do you know where he went in the next one?  Motherfucking Sweden.  What the hell, man?

If I were still in Atlanta, perhaps I would have gone to Ikea today to waste time.  That would have been yet another Swedish thing.  Anyway, I interpreted as a sign.  Of what?  I don't know.  Probably the apocalypse.

these young women like Sweden and think you should too.
Anyway, I'm not in such a weird mood anymore.  Maybe listening to weird music cures it?  Or maybe it's copious amounts of cigarettes.  Who even knows anymore.

What was I talking about again??

Fuck it.  Don't worry, the next post won't be Sweden themed.  Maybe a mixtape.  Maybe another picture story.  I want to keep you kids on your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment